Heartstrings Ep 9 | Heartstrings Episode 9 Korean Drama. Growing up, I’ve always had a calendar of paintings by Impressionist painters hanging on my bedroom wall every year. After staring at different paintings month after month, and year after year, I learned to differentiate the distinctive styles of the various artists.
One thing that I observe about Director Pyo Min Soo is that he makes great use of color in his dramas. In fact, so much so that I think I can characterize each of his dramas by a specific Impressionist painter. For example, his drama Foolish Love brings to mind the dark palette used in the earlier paintings by Degas. Full House reminds me of the vivid colors in Cézanne’s paintings. And You’ve Fallen for Me?
As I watched the first two episodes of You’ve Fallen for Me, I thought of a translucent watercolor painting of a sandy beach. Light and breezy. Not knowing much about film making, I’m uncertain as to who should be credited for this. Are the stylists purposely dressing the cast in certain colors? Are they using a certain camera setting to give that effect? Should the lighting director be credited for it? Either way, I find the color palette used in this drama very appealing.
No comments:
Post a Comment